After a luxurious sleep in, I was back on the bus to Victoria Square, the Hilton Adelaide, and Day 2 of Tasting Australia. Today was going to be about reporting on the previous day events and putting a plan together for the week. Although I was very busy following up with the Great Wine Voyage wine details, getting feedback from the venues, and sending out wine lists to guests; there is not too much to report other than being a desk jockey!
I did escape for lunch with Ashley, to Charred. I stopped in to Coal + Cellar, and grabbed their Coal Burger and a handful of hand cut fries. Ashely visited Ragini Dey and Spice where she grabbed Lentils with Spinach and Rice. After a good catch-up about our progress with study and employment this year, we decided to head back to Ragini’s for dessert. We had been sold on a chocolate and chilli naan, and it was ah-maze-ing. Highly recommended if you’re visiting Charred!
Other events happening throughout the day included:
- Flavours of Campbelltown
- A tour of Adelaide’s Little Italy visiting local businesses Elbios, Bread + Butter, Mercato, Continental Tiralli, and Gelato Bello.
- Le Cordon Bleu Professional Food Writing Workshop
- A 5-day mini-course in capturing culinary captions and delighting the wordsmith senses.
- A Few of My Favourite Things with Sharon Romeo
- A tour of the Barossa with Sharon, getting the inside scoop on local history and lifestyle, the best places to eat and drink, and visiting the region’s heritage sites.
- Feasting in the Garden
- A vegetation delight of tours in the kitchen garden, different cultural uses for various vegetables, and sampling of meals cooked with ingredients straight from the soil.
- Eat Edicara
- A degustation inspired from the ancient seafloor
- Josh Niland, Analiese Gregory and Karena Armstrong at The Glasshouse Kitchen
My day in the office was short, and I has completed my work by 4pm. Jess graciously came to pick me up (after I got pelted with rain going to get Guinness for Paul Carmichael!) and we went to see F8 at Arndale. Glee xo